Constructing and Financing Affordable Housing Across Asia
April 2-3, 2019
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Presentation Slides
The World Bank Group, together with Cagamas are pleased to announce the Conference on Constructing and Financing Affordable Housing across Asia, on April 2-3, 2019, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The event will showcase the innovative solutions, new enabling technologies and means of addressing some of the challenges faced in meeting the needs of a growing urbanizing population in Asia. The program covers the housing value chain from access to land, housing construction, urban planning to the financing of developers and end affordability for home buyers in lower and middle-income groups.
Policy makers working in government looking for new ideas or experiences on how to meet public sector obligations on housing agendas, and private sector lenders, investors or developers who are exploring commercial opportunities in the affordable housing space. Participants will come from East Asia and Pacific, South Asia and Central Asia, as well as members of the International Secondary Mortgage Market Association.
The two-day event follows the over-riding objective of how to reach the SDG goal of safe, adequate and affordable housing for all. Solutions in building truly affordable housing and in providing financing solutions which offer an inclusive approach are high up on the agendas of national economic development across the region. Issues such as disaster resilient housing and sustainable affordable housing funding are critical issues for the majority of Asian countries. The conference will cover the following topics in particular:
- Overview of Affordable Housing Challenges and Opportunities in Asia
- Islamic Housing Finance
- Affordable Housing Financing and Delivery – Country Case
- The Affordability Challenge – how to provide safe adequate housing at a reasonable cost?
- Connecting Capital Markets and Affordable Housing Delivery
- Green and Sustainable Housing Development
- What FinTech can do for Affordable Housing
- Innovations in Financing Affordable Housing Construction
- Community-Led Housing Development – viable business models and key lessons learned
You will hear from policy makers, private sector practitioners, Asian financial institutions, as well as international experts.
DATES: April 2-3, 2019
LOCATION: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Auditorium, Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia