This Privacy Statement sets out how Cagamas Berhad, its holding and related corporations (collectively referred to as “Cagamas Group of Companies”, “us” or “we”) collect, use, access, transfer, store and process Personal Data (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the Personal Data we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Data to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement.
- What This Privacy Statement Explains
This Privacy Statement explains:
- What kind of Personal Data we collect
- How we collect your Personal Data
- How we use your Personal Data
- When we disclose your Personal Data
- Your right to access and correct your Personal Data
- Our Commitment to You
We value your trust and are committed to protecting your Personal Data. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Data to us when using our website, we provide you with this Privacy Statement outlining our practices and the choices you have in relation to our collection and use of your Personal Data.
- Defining Personal Data
Personal Data refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, Personal Data includes sensitive personal data which relates to information relating to your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, your commission or alleged commission of offences etc. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person.
- What Kind Of Personal Data We Collect
In order for us to operate in an efficient and effective manner and provide you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant Personal Data from you. The Personal Data collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:-
- contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, preferred language, current private and/or business address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address
- the equipment you use when accessing our website (such as your mobile handset, your computer systems and platforms);
- clickstream data when you visit any of our websites (for example the pages you access and the services and/or products you browsed);
- When And How We Collect Your Personal Data?
We may collect Personal Data directly from you when you:-
- communicate with us (for example, when you submit a job application form to become part of our organisation, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our office);
- request for information through our online portals or other available channels;
- respond to any marketing materials we send out;
- commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider etc.);
- visit our office;
- visit or browse our websites; or
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy).
Other than Personal Data obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your Personal Data from third parties we deal with or who are connected with you (eg. reference checks), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, the public domain and/or from other means lawfully permitted.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may collect and use Personal Data from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes (but not limited to):-
- to verify your identity;
- to assess and process your application(s);
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested;
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answer any queries);
- to produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; or
- for any other purposes required or permitted by any laws, regulations, guidelines and/or regulatory authorities.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies;
- government agencies;
- other parties to whom you have given your express or implied consent.
subject at all times to the laws, regulations, guidelines and/or requirements of regulatory authorities applicable to Cagamas Group of Companies.
- What If Personal Data Provided By You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your Personal Data to us to enable us to process your query/application.
Should you decline to provide such obligatory Personal Data, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our products and/or services.
- Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Data
We can assist you to access and correct your Personal Data held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your Personal Data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such Personal Data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via the contact details provided below. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We shall charge a processing fee to cover administration costs for processing your request.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your Personal Data within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your Personal Data in certain situations in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential or commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
- Online Dealings With Cagamas Group of Companies
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our website as we will be unable to personalise aspects of your use of the website.
- Updates To Our Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
- Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement, kindly contact us during office hours (between 8.30am to 5:30pm) at the following contact points: